Ages: Ages range from 5 to 12 years.
Ratio: 1 to 15 staff/ participant ratio. Colorado State Day Care Licensed. Safe environment supervised by experienced professionals.
Hours of Operation:
Children may attend one day, several days or every day. Please notify ACC ASAP if your child will be absent.
Before and After School Program:
No School Days:
Regular Hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Additional Day Care: 6:30-8:00 a.m.
Please note: Program is closed New Year's Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Vacation, 4th of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day.
Inclement Weather (Snow Days):
ACC will be closed if the school is closed by inclement weather. If the school day is cut short by the weather, ACC will offer its normal service from the time school is let out. If your child is registered for that PM session, they will be expeced to come to the ACC class room when school is dismissed. Charges will be assessed accordingly.
There will be a 5% discount for those who register for 10 days or more at a time.
Procedure for Late Pick-ups:
1. Fee of $5.00 is charged for every 15 minutes after 6:30 p.m.
2. If ACC has not been telephoned by parents or guardian by 7:30 p.m., the police will be notified and an "Abandoned Child" report will be filed.
3. If parents notify ACC of a problem, police will not be contacted and counselors will wait until parents arrive. However, the late fee will still be charged.
Procedure for Release:
1. Parent(s)/authorized adult must sign the sign-in sheet each time the child is dropped off at the program. Only those children with written permission may sign themselves in.
2. Parent(s)/authorized adult, or child authorized by release, must sign out before leaving the program.
3. A release form must be filled out by the parent if authorization is given to another responsible adult to pick up or drop off a child.
Application Procedure - Pre-Admission and Registration:
1. A pre-admission interview is required (either by telephone or in person) with child's parent(s) or guardian(s) and the Day Care Director.
2. Parents shall be given an explanation of the policies, procedures, and fee structure as explained in the parents' manual and an explanation of the day care
activities as presented in the monthly calendar.
3. Before registering, parents must fill out all forms. These forms include immunization, health, emergency card and medical permission. These forms must be filled out completely and be approved before any child may be enrolled in the program.
4. Registration is recommended 2 days before the child participates in the program. NO SAME DAY REGISTRATION!
5. The number of children cared for at the center shall at no time exceed 50 children. Registrations will not be accepted after the maximum number is reached.
Special note concerning before and after school program: Children who are not registered may attend our program. HOWEVER, a $10 day-of-registration surcharge will be added to the regular registration fee. This should be used only for emergency child care and we should be notified of the situation.
The exceptions list is intended to help out parents who have a changing schedule. To get on the exceptions list you must have prior approval from the director and a $40 fee is required. Once you are on the exceptions list you may call in to have your child put on the following day's roster and you may pay when dropping off your child on the same day.
WITHDRAWING FROM THE PROGRAM
If , for whatever reason you decide to withdraw your child from the program, please let us know as soon as possible.
1. ACC must have a washable mat and blanket and a first aid kit to isolate a sick child. A responsible staff member shall be present or within hearing distance of any sick child.
2. If a child shows signs of severe illness or contagious disease, the child shall be isolated from other children and parents shall be notified to pick up their child, or a doctor or medical facility should be consulted as to their child's treatment. All items used by the sick child shall be properly disinfected before being used by any other person.
3. When communicable diseases occur in day care, parents and staff members shall be notified and advised of what protective measures are available for the particular disease.
4. Known or suspected communicable diseases shall be reported to appropriate health authorities.
5. Medication prescribed for an individual child shall be kept in the original container bearing the original pharmacy label which shows the prescription number, name of medication, date filled, physician's name, child's name, and directions for dosage. When no longer needed, medications shall be returned to parents/guardians or destroyed.
6. The giving or application of prescriptive or non- prescriptive medication for eyes and ears, all oral medication, medication for breaks in skin or severe burns or an
individual special medical procedure shall be provided only on written order or a prescription from a physician to child's parents/guardians or to the Day Care Center, with knowledge and written consent of parents/guardians.
7. Medication: Colorado Social Services requires a written permission from the child's doctor authorizing staff to administer any type of medication including
acetominophen. Parents whose children are required to take medications must sign a Medical Permission form (see forms). ACC gives medications in compliance with the Nurse practice act. all medications a will be stored in a locked box accessible to trained staff only.
8. Procedure for handling illness and injury: Children will not be accepted into the program who are running a fever or who are vomiting. When children are left in these conditions, parents will be called to pick up their children immediately.
Nutrition and Snacks Regulations:
1. ACC does not provide lunches. Children should bring a sack lunch and drink during mini-days and other full day care situations. Please do not send glass containers or microwave foods.
2. Snacks are provided in the afternoon session of the Before and After School Program.
3. Parents should be aware of potentially non-hazardous foods. ACC staff shall evaluate to see if the lunch the child is provided contains perishable items and if the lunch is adequate to meet one-third of the child's daily nutritional needs.
DEALING WITH DIFFICULTIES
Guidelines for Suspected Child Abuse:
Every ACC employee is required to report any suspected cases of child abuse that are observed. Failure to report these incidents is serious and may possibly result in a legal offense and fine.
Child abuse may be physical abuse, neglect, latch-key or sexual abuse. The State of Colorado does not have a designated age for which a child may legally stay at home without an adult. Typically, 12 years is acceptable.
Can Certain Information That a Child Reveals Be Privileged?:
NO. Counselors are mandated and required to report. They should explain to the child that if they tell private information which is harmful or hurtful to them, the counselors are responsible to tell someone else in order to assist the child.
Discipline will be handled in one or more of the following ways. We may talk with the child, talk with the parent, use "time out", or file a misconduct report which could result in suspension or termination from the program. ACC counselors may take any reasonable action which does not harm, humiliate isolate (alone), or deny the child food in order to correct behavior that is inappropriate.
Communication Between Parents and Counselors In Dealing With
It is the responsibility of all day care participants to observe the regulations established by the Day Care Center. We feel this is necessary for the proper operation of the Center and to ensure the safety and enjoyment of the program for all. Violations of these regulations may result in disciplinary action. Parents shall be notified at first offense and counselors and parents will agree to plan to correct behavior. The written report will be filed in the individual's personal file. If conduct is so severe that the child must be removed from the program, parents will be notified immediately to pick up their child. However, generally after three misconduct reports have been filed, the child will either be suspended or revoked from the program. This shall be the decision of the Director.
HOW TO CONTACT ACC
Direct line - 303-697-4252
This is our main line. You can reach all locations from here,
and get info on upcoming events
Tom's CELL PHONE - 303-550-1930
Call any time
Adventures In Child Care, Llc FORMS
Health Status Form
Emergency Medical Release and Medical Permission Form
Registration Agreement and Discipline Policy
Field trip, TV and Movie and Sun Screan Authorization